Friday, November 13, 2009

Back to Basics

I think I'm going to start drawing again. A lot of people have recently asked me why I stopped drawing and I always come up with a myriad of excuses that don't exactly answer their question. I talk about the lack studio space, time, money, equipment...but it all really just boils down to laziness. I don't want to be one of those people that tacks on "I used to..." when I talk about my passion. Unfortunately, I've been heading down that direction. I decided to pull up some stuff I did in high school, the last time worked on my technical skills, and I see a lot of room for improvement. I'm going to make it a goal to work on that this year.


2"x 3" design exercise in Gouache. I hate gouache. One can only truly appreciate Illustrator after working with gouache and a 000 brush.



Shading exercise. Embarrassing perspective error on the left.



Pen and Ink Illustration from Junior year of High School.



Drawing of Winston Churchill photograph by Yousuf Karsh in Prismacolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment